The Nonsense-Free Editor is a DBA Alias of Shockley Press LLC. When contracting with the Nonsense-Free Editor (hereafter NFE), the following terms and conditions apply.
1. Contracting the services of NFE implies acknowledgment and acceptance of the company’s terms and conditions as detailed here.
2. Client documents are received and returned electronically. All clients must have a valid email. Our clients retain sole copyright, ownership, intellectual property, and control over all materials submitted to us, including any documents subsequently created or developed by us and/or our editors.
3. All writing services performed by NFE are services for hire, meaning NFE is paid for the service of producing the written content, but holds no claim on the intellectual property of the contracting client and no claim to any future royalties or profit from the resulting document.
4. Clients are reminded that breach of copyright and plagiarism are illegal. We assume NO liability for the infringement of third-party copyright in the content of our clients’ documents. It is the client’s sole responsibility to properly research and include all acknowledgments and citations within their text.
5. All documents are written to a high standard. However, NFE provides no guarantee that the client’s work will be error-free upon delivery. NFE does, however, guarantee two revisions of each completed milestone: 1) Revising content such as plot elements, subject matter, and phrasing; and 2) Revising for mechanics like grammar, spelling, punctuation, and correcting typos. Any requested revisions must be according to client’s ORIGINAL instructions. The company is not liable for incidental, indirect, consequential, special, punitive, or exemplary damages of any kind, including loss of revenues or profits, loss of business or reputation, or loss of data, in any way related to this service. NFE is not responsible for any claim, loss, or injury based on errors or any other inaccuracies appearing on our site or in our clients’ written documents (including without limitation as a result of any breach of the terms of this agreement).
6. Revisions for finished work must be requested within 10 days of receipt.
7. Clients agree to indemnify and hold NFE, its subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, employees, contractors, owners, and officers harmless from any claim, including reasonable attorney’s fees, or as may be made by any third party due to or arising from use of the site, services or products, or violation of the terms and conditions by the client, or infringement of any intellectual property or other right of any person or entity by the client.
8. Clients acknowledge and agree that all editorial and writing services are performed to the best of our abilities, begin immediately upon ordering, and are rendered on their behalf in good faith. Cancellation of services must be submitted in writing via email. Upon receipt, NFE will cancel the project and immediately discontinue editing services. Services already performed will be delivered along with the remainder of the payment for the services not fulfilled due to cancellation. No returns, service credits, or refunds will be issued for editing services ordered and completed.
9. Clients agree to resolve any questions, concerns, or disputes regarding the quality of their completed editorial services by formally submitting a written request for a re-edit or re-writing. This request must specifically outline all questions, concerns, and/or possible editorial errors or omissions so that NFE may clearly address and/or correct the areas of concern as quickly and professionally as possible. Client’s request for a review and re-edit applies only to their original text.
10. The editing and writing services described on our website are open guidelines for the client to determine their specific editorial needs. As each project is unique, NFE will provide the services based upon the unique instructions specifically outlined by the client when originally placing their order. Under no circumstances is it NFE’s intent to mislead or fraudulently portray the services provided. All efforts are made to honestly describe and provide the services described on our website.
Thank you for choosing the Nonsense-Free Editor!